WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART(1756-1791)
- He is widely known as one of the most talented composers and musicians of all time.
- In his short life he composed more than 600 pieces of music.
- He wrote his first compositions from the age of 5.
- He was born in Salzburg, Austria and spent a lot of time travelling across Europe, playing his music in all the big cities.
Here are some video clips of Mozart's music, please listen and then add your comments at the bottom. Which are your favourites? Why? Can you find any other Mozart pieces you like which you could link to?
CLARINET CONCERTO
PIANO CONCERTO NUMBER 21
SYMPHONY NUMBER 40
RONDO ALLA TURCA

Wow, Mr Mozart was certainly a very busy person composing lots of music and playing to lots of different people. Did you know that his big sister also played the harpsichord and his dad could play the violin? They were so good that they travelled together to play their music to lots of important people, including kings and queens.
ReplyDeleteI really like listening to Mozart, and I especially like the music he wrote for singers. He wrote an opera (musical story) all about a magic flute with lots of singing in. I also like the piano concerto above because it shows you what a talented composer and performer Mozart must have been.
I would like to be a musician like Mozart. He made his own music when he was five and is indeed very talented. The reason i like Mozart more than other Musicians is because he is talented and wrote lots of songs that i can imagen a picture in my head. Rondo alla turca makes me really sleepy!
ReplyDeleteOops! Sorry my name is not Anoymous it's Ashley
ReplyDeleteWell done for being the first student to comment on our blog Ashley. You can have 3 house points! I'm glad you enjoy Mozart's music.
ReplyDeleteI never knew that Mozart composed his first composition at the age of 5, and it's so interesting to read the musician of the month. I can't believe that Mozart composed more than 600 pieces of music in his life. He is my favourite music composer. I really enjoy listening to Mozart.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Hannah. You can have 2 house points for being the and student to comment.... By the way, it would be helpful if you could put which class you're in at the end of your post - are you Hannah in Year 5? I think there's more than one Hannah in the school, plus there's Ms Hannah! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI am in year 5V.
DeleteThanks for letting me know Hannah.
DeleteDid you know that Mozart had a dog called Pimpernell?
ReplyDeleteI really didn't know this! Where did you find that out?!
DeleteI read it in a book Mr Charlie. I think that some of the Year 4 children might have known this too. I wonder if they can remember who gave Mr Mozart a kiss as a present for playing so wonderfully? Or who gave him a gold watch?
DeleteMs. Frances, did you know Mozart's real name was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?
Deletehi! my favorite music is Piano Concerto No. 21 - Andante because its very peaceful and calm!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Emiko - I love that piece too, one of my favourites. You can also have a house point for commenting on our blog
ReplyDeletehi mr charlie i like sonata in A major by mozart because its a joyful sing and its fun to humm along to
ReplyDeletewoops not sing its song sorry
DeleteThanks for the comments Ziching - don't worry about the typing mistake, I knew what you meant!
DeleteI really like the Symphony No. 40 because it is really peaceful and calming. I also like the last part when it gets more greater and powerful and also the beginning part when it was calming.
ReplyDeleteMai Anh Tran 6B
Thanks for your comment Mai Anh - it is a beautiful pace of music..also a popular ring tone! By the way, if you log on to your google mail account before you write, then your name will appear at the top of your comment - instead of 'anonymous'.
DeleteI also remember someone playing this piece very beautifully on the piano at the Young Musician of the Year final last year. Hmmm, now who was that again?
DeleteI love almost all of Mozart's pieces because they are peaceful and loud sometimes. I always listen to these pieces before I go to sleep.
ReplyDeletei love mozart because i like his song from thao tran
ReplyDeletei like all of mozart's music.. they're incredible. i wish i could be like him
ReplyDeleteI love Mozart's music its so fascinating and its incredible how he can write all these wonderful pieces of music especially Rondo Alla Turca and symphony number 40. I also found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs.
ReplyDeleteAnd i am in 5B.
ReplyDeleteMy auntie Maria and my cousin Venia can both play Mozart on the piano. My favourite Mozart piece is 'Greensleeves'. I am in 5B Ms Marion's class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really like mozart! He stands out to me more than any other composer that i know! If Mozart was alive and i met him I would love it! I think Betoven is lucky to have met such a famous compeser! (Mozart)
ReplyDeleteHi, My favorite piece is ronda alla turca because it is striking and an overwhelming piece
ReplyDeleteHare, 5B
Thanks for all these comments. It's great to hear your thoughts about Mozart.
ReplyDeleteHolly, are you sure 'Greensleves' is by Mozart? I think the person who made this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSvr_nDjKU) was telling a fib!
Read this if your're not sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensleeves
I love Mozart's music. He is SOOOO talented. He inspired me to do Piano actually.
ReplyDeleteHAD PROBLEMS WITH COMMENTING!!!!!!!
LOVE MOZARTS'S MUSIC!!!!!!,
Regine 5B
Hi Regine - well done for finally being able to comment!
DeleteCan you tell me what the problem was and how you solved it in the end? That will help me explain to other children if they have problems
hello ms.Frances. I went to you tube and heard some more songs from Mozart.They were very dramatic and beautiful i loved them!
ReplyDeleteMozart could play anything his sister could play when he was 3 i think.
ReplyDeletehi its danilo from 5i i love the song of the RONDO ALLA TURCA
ReplyDeleteHi Mr. Charlie It's KIrsten from 3v I love MOzarts music And He is my most favorite musician ever! Many people loves Mozart like Alexis in 3v also
ReplyDeleteI hope you like Mozart too! Mr. Charlie!
ReplyDeleteFrom Kirsten
I LIKE MOZART BECAUSE HE IS A FAMOUS PEOPLE
ReplyDeleteMY NAME IS THAO TRAN
Delete