Here are the videos I took during our rehearsal today. What do you think?
You have all done amazingly well to be able to play this piece all the way through to the end after just one week. Mr Charlie, Ms Fran, Ms Claire, Ms Jess and I are all very impressed indeed, but the hard work doesn't stop here. There are lots of things we can do to improve our playing to make this piece worth performing at the International Parade. Have a listen to the Woodwind section and the entire orchestra as they rehearse and see if you can make any suggestions on how we can make the music even better than it already is:
Think about musical elements such as tempo, dynamics, and beat. Think about orchestral skills such as balance of the different sections of the orchestra (was anyone too loud?), watching the conductor for cues, sitting properly in our chairs. What improvements can we make?
WOW! We sound so good already. I know that with everyone practising at home we're going to make everyone feel great with our performance in International Week. Welldone everybody.
ReplyDeleteI think today, we improved a lot more things. I could hear flutes very clearly! And I alos enjoy the new peice of music.
ReplyDeleteI think we improved a lot in Soweto Swing because we could here that flutes were louder and the drums were a lot quieter. I hope that we can improve more. Good Job!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments Emily and Cedric. I agree, we made huge improvements today - great job! Keep your eyes on the blog to see the video proof of how well you all did.
ReplyDeletethis soweto swing is like a lolaby
ReplyDelete