Tuesday, 30 October 2012

November's Musician of the Month


Danny Elfman
 
Danny Elfman is this month's 'Musician of the Month'. He is most famous for composing the music for The Simpsons. Read on to find out more about him...
 
Danny Elfman




Danny Elfman was born in 1953 in Los Angeles, U.S.A and is still alive today. He first began playing music at school and has not stopped since. He has been in a musical theatre band called 'Oingo Boingo' and composed lots of different music for different films and TV shows.

Did you know that Danny Elfman composed the music for circus performances by Cirque du Soleil and for lots of different films. Do you know the names of any of these films?

Danny Elfman has also won 33 awards for his fantastic compositions, including 1 Grammy Award and 1 Emmy Award.

Have a listen to these YouTube clips of music Danny Elfman has composed.
What do you think?


 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. i like the simpsons theme and i never new Danny Elfman created that theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never knew that danny Elfman composed the theme song for The Simpsons. Cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. We listened to "Alice's Theme" from Alice in Wonderland as we came in to MP2 choir today. I didn't realise how much I enjoyed it until I listened to the music by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the guy I mean I can't believe he made the Simpsons theme song, the Alice and wonderland theme song, the Spider man theme song and the Cirque Du Soleil theme song IRIS. My family, for a treat, our mom and dad took us to Cirque Du Soleil but varekai.

    LOVE THIS DUDE!!!!!

    Regine 5B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Danny Elfman is very talented. I'm also impressed that Neil from Ms Victoria's class spotted that he often works with Johnny Depp in Tim Burton produced films. Welldone Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy listening to music a lot and I think he is a very talented person, like Ms. Fran said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to enjoy listening musican of the month very much and now it is Danny elfman
    I like the Alice in the wonderland and also the simpsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that Danny Elfman worte the Alice In Wonderland Song. Anyway, I have to say that he is a very smart musician that can perform amazing musics.

      Delete