We practiced the opening to our finale piece for this year's Spring Spectacular for the first time today. Mr Charlie was so impressed by what he heard that he decided we ought to video what we came up with in such a short time. Listen carefully to each of the different parts as they layer on top of each other and think about these questions:
- Can you hear each of the layers coming in?
- Is there a good balance between the different sections of the orchestra?
- What do you like about the opening to this piece?
- Can you think of any ways to improve for next rehearsal?
- What is everyone laughing at right at the end?
I like the idea of 2 blue songs together.
ReplyDeletemy FAV is blue suite, the start was like jolly
Thanks for posting this Mr Euan. I think everyone did a great job in their first go at this piece. Definitely some things can be improved, especially the balance between the parts, but this is a great start. I have no idea why everyone was laughing at the end...
ReplyDeleteI think the glockenspiel need to be in time. I like the opening because it sounds joyful. I have no idea why everyone was laughing (I don't think I can guess...). And were there cello in this music?
ReplyDeleteBut I think everyone did very well in their first try! I wish I was there...
DeleteHi Emily, thanks for your comments. I agree we need to work a bit more on our timing. There weren't any cellos there today - lots of people missing because of Tet practice - looking forward to having you back!
DeleteI think people were laughing because the piano player just like, changed the whole tune!
ReplyDeleteMarigrace
Hi Marigrace, this might have been the reason, although I think maybe there was something else amusing people. No idea what it was...
DeleteWe are so good. Eventhough it was our first try we did good. So sad, because there were no cellos!!!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great first run through. Welldone everyone. It shows you've been practicing at home too. Keep going with those windmills violins!!
ReplyDeleteMr Charlie was dancing ballet when my solo came. Everyone cracked up!!! :P
ReplyDeleteMai Khanh