Monday, 17 September 2012

Ms Katherine's Class were great at following their conductor
Ms Fran's Weekly Round-up
 
Another busy week has flown by...
 
I was given a sticker by Mr Simon for trying my best in assembly on Friday, I'm so proud of myself. I wonder how you feel when you've tried your best...?
 
Year 4 have been trying their best and continued to sound awesome whilst singing the songs from 'The Piper' and Ms Anne's class were even able to get Mr Charlie to sing the 'Penguin Song'. Welldone!

Year 2 have been looking at the musical element of duration (long/ short sounds) and Phuc from Ms Katherine's class was brilliant at conducting his class. He was even able to show the different dynamics (volume) he wanted by moving up and down. Everyone needed to try their best to make sure they followed the instructions given.
 
Year 1 have been great at singing 'The Wheels on the Bus' using timbre (different types of sounds) to make the verses more exciting. Lots of concentration was needed here!
 
Year 6 have been working on their laughs and singing a round called 'I love the flowers' but I think their favourite part is the ostinato 'Boom de a da' bit (I'm sure they will sing it for you if you ask nicely).
 
I'm looking forward to starting the different music clubs this week and I hope to see many of you there. Also, don't forget it's the Year 6 Live Lunch sessions this Tuesday and Wednesday lunchtimes (12pm in the Multi Purpose Room).
 
Please comment on our blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment