Monday, 17 September 2012

First Orchestra Practice

Well done to all of you who came along and had a really good go at our first orchestra practice of the year.
 

 

Mr Charlie, Ms Fran, Ms Claire and I were all very impressed with how confident you all were and how sensible you were while we set everything up.  A really good start and we're very excited about what kind of music we might be playing this year.


 

Remember to practise your parts for "Soweto Swing" and watch out for new music new week.  (Remember that if you bring your folder back with you next week with your name and class on the front, you get 1 house point.)



EXTRA HOUSEPOINT CHALLENGE:  Find out about Soweto in South Africa and post your findings as a comment below. 

7 comments:

  1. Soweto was also known as south western townships.The name was from so in south, we in western and to in townships which formed Soweto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Jimmy. I give you one well deserved house point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mr Euan...that is really interesting Jimmy - good research!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun playing cello in orchestra again. I hope we will practice much so we will perform very well!! I want to perform soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed orchestra Emily - I hope everyone practices lots to. It will be even more fun once we've had a few weeks to get back in to the swing of things again.

    The first performance will be during international week - in about 4 weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actucally, it's more than 4 weeks - more like 7... I was being a little too keen!

      Delete
  6. YAY! Orchestra's today!

    ReplyDelete