Ms Fran's Weekly Round-up
Click on 'Read More' to find out what I've been up to...
| 4N rehearsing the Mayor's Song |
All of the children in Year 4 have been working very hard to prepare for their upcoming production of The Piper. I've been over to the AP2 Theatre this week to see the performers in action. I'm very impressed with how confident these young stars are and I'm very much looking forward to sharing their efforts with a wider audience when they perform for both the Dress Rehearsals and the real thing!
The creativity of Year 1 and Year 2 has also impressed me this week. Year 1 children wrote a story (it was Book Week!) together and we've begun to add selected, appropriate sounds to enhance it. This is very tricky to do but the children in Year 1 are doing a very good job. Year 2 have been combining long and short sounds to create their own compositions. We've been using some words like 'noodles' and 'soup' to help us remember our rhythms.
Year 6 children have been working on their own version's of a song I call 'Boom de a da...'. They've been working very well as a group to improve their performances and working well as an ensemble. I'm looking forward to hearing the finished articles this week.
Thank-you to all of those Year 5 children who came to Drumming Club this week. We were able to improvise and add in a rumble using the djembe drums. I'm looking forward to more drumming this week.
That was my Book Week, what did you enjoy most about your Book Week?
I really enjoyed recording our Boom de a da song. I wish we can perform a lot of things infront of class.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. Fran! I also like the Boom de a da song, it was really fun singing it.
ReplyDeleteShannen