Thursday, 17 January 2013

Brass Group 1st Rehearsal

Today was our first ever brass group practise with eight excited year 6 children having a go at playing the cornet, trombone and euphonium.

Just making a sound out of these instruments is pretty tough to start with - they did a great job and made a fairly remarkable noise! Take a look at the video below which shows exactly that.

I'm very excited to see how they progress over the coming weeks, stay tuned for more videos...

8 comments:

  1. WE SOUNDED HORRIBLE AND WE SOUND LIKE BIG FAT ELEPHANT TRYING FOR FOOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aina! I'd agree it's not yet the most beautiful sound that's ever come from the music room, however it was your first ever attempt! Like I said, just making a sound is an achievement - making it sound good will take some practice...Hope you enjoyed it, I know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to join brass group as soon as possible! I think everyone is good at blowing the instrument. I think I can't hold my breath really long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Emily. Sorry you didn't get a place in group to start with - there were so many more people wanted to be in it than we could fit at the moment. You're on the waiting list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I'm so impressed. You were all able to make a sound - a real achievement for your first ever go! I'll be there on Monday to cheer you on. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can achieve in your second session. Welldone everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was impressive Year 6. I don't think I would have managed to make a sound!! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a sound on the CORNET! YAY!!!!! And I am practicing at home everyday on the Cornet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was awesome

    ReplyDelete